Favourite listens of 2018!

5:00 PM

Hi!
I have been a long time fan of Audible and listening to audiobooks rather than music. And in 2018 I listened to a total of 17 books. Some long and some short.

Just like the top reads of 2018 I will now share some of my favourite audiobooks of 2018!


 I don't tend to love reading memoirs myself, but I'm a huge sucker for self narrated memoirs and this one is one of my absolute favourites! As someone who grew up with Gilmore Girls I spent all these minutes with goosebumps, tears in my eyes and a strong longing to re watch the show. I love Lauren's humor and the way she wrote this book is so easy and almost like a friend is telling you her story. I gave this 4.5 stars.

 I heard so many good things about this series, a lot from different booktubers I watch and I wanted to know what the hype was all about. This series is so wonderful, full of strong female characters, suspense and darkness. It has some trigger warnings like rape and abuse but I found it to be done very well. The characters are so diverse and well rounded and I adored this book. It also has a chapeter for each main character and it gives you great insight to the characters themselves. The narrators are very skilled. I gave this 4.7/5
 The same feelings as An ember in the ashes, I adored this book as well, however this was a lot more action packed and tense. I gave this a 5/5.
I have found I quite enjoy listening to classics whilst reading them, however this one wasn't like a normal audiobook but more like a radio story, it had sound effects, music and people talking rather than one person reading the book. It was wonderful and made the book seem a lot less "classics are heavy" to me. It reminded me of being a child and listening to the children radio show before bedtime. The narrators are wonderful and I felt like I was a part of the story. 4/5

And last but not least, As many of you know I am a huge potter head, and a Hufflepuff through and through. And Eddie Redmayne is one of my biggest crushes of my adult life, his charm and gentleness comes through so well in his voice and he read this book in such a way it felt way more interesting than it actually is (I have the physical copy of this book and it is way more factual and dry irl) but the way he read it made it come to life, which is what makes a good audiobook in my opinion. I gave this a 4.7.

These were some of my favourite audiobooks of the year, and with my new resolution of listening to audiobooks rather than music this year I hope to get through many more!

Do you like audiobooks? if so what are your top 3!

xo Jules

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. testing the comments to see if it works

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having technical issues with the comment section

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helping with the testing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog! Love your bookstagram also!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Archive

Subscribe